Everything you need to know...
Shikarni is a highly recommended, qualified artist who thrives to provide you with the latest, most advanced techniques in cosmetic tattoo eyebrow treatments.
Every client is unique, so every piece of art Shikarni creates is unique. With her extended consultation (included complimentary) she takes her time to understand your goals, discussing the looks you love, your regular makeup use, your skin type and any concerns you might have.
Through each consult she ensures you feel heard and will continue to confirm with you each step of the way during the brow mapping process.
Her results and testimonials speak for themselves.
1. Please stop using any skin thinners (Vitamin A, glycolic acids, exfoliation) on your face 2 weeks prior to your appointment.
2.DO NOT consume alcohol, caffeine or take any blood thinners (aspirin, ibuprofen, Niacin 24 hours before your procedure, this will cause excess bleeding and will affect your results).
3.Do not exercise on the day of your appointment.
4. Your face must be clean of fake tan.
5. If there are any pimples/sores where the procedure is to be performed, please notify us immediately as your appointment may be postponed for a future date once blemishes have cleared. If you have a mole in your brow, please note that we cannot tattoo overtop of this.
6. It is advised to wash your hair the day of your appointment to make the aftercare rules easier to follow as your tattoo must stay dry for 10 days.
7. Any waxing or brow shaping should be done 4-7 days before. Please feel free to book us for your brow wax and we will be able to follow along with that shape when tattooing.
8. If you normally tint your brows, tint it at least one week prior to the procedure.
9. Botox/Dysport or filler from the eyes up should be done 2 weeks prior or 2 weeks after.
10. Please stay out of the direct sunlight, tanning beds, saunas, pool water and salt water 7 days prior to treatment. It is important the skin is in a ‘normal’ state at your appointment.
11. If you have already had your eyebrows cosmetically tattooed by a different technician, please advise us prior to booking.
12. If you require numbing cream, please contact a local compounding chemist, or TXTX is a great alternative. Otherwise feel free to contact us with any questions.
On the appointment day:
1. Please just wear your normal daily make up to you appointment if you wish to show us how you normally pencil your brows in. If you don’t wear any make up normally, you don’t have to wear make up to your appointment.
2. Please arrive 5-10 min prior to your appointment to get settled.
3. Shikarni will see you for a thorough consultation to discuss any questions or concerns. Its always helpful if you would like to bring in some screenshots of looks you like/don’t like to help explain what you are after, although just remember that the person in your inspiration photo will have different features to you and what she has may not be able to be done on yourself.
4. Before photos will be taken of the area to be treated.
5. Design work will start where you will be involved throughout the whole process. You have full approval over the shape. Shikarni will only proceed if you are 100% happy.
6. Treatment will commence – this takes only approximately 1 - 2.5hrs. Numbing gels will be applied thoroughly throughout the whole treatment process. Client comfort is essential.
7. Once the treatment is finished the area will be photographed.
8. Shikarni will run through the aftercare instructions to ensure you are confident to look after your new cosmetic tattoo & provide you with your after care kit.
After your appointment:
1. Your tattoo will weep for the first 24/48 hours. You will need to wipe this off to avoid crusting, then reapply Vaseline.
2. Your tattoo will go much darker for the first 24 hours. This is temporary.
3. You may get a headache the day of your treatment, Panadol is okay to take if needed.
4. Your tattoo will shrink approximately 2mm within 3 to 5 days.
5. Your tattoo can fade up to 50% by the end of the first week and may become very itchy as it heals, avoid scratching. Your tattoo may also become uneven and or gappy by the end of the first week. Colour healing is generally a 3-week cycle.
- Week 1: They will be darker & sharper than usual.
- Week 2: Brows can look quite dull & patchy; even to the point you think the pigment has disappeared.
- Week 3-5: Pigment starts to come back out in the skin and you will be ready for your touch up.
6. Your brows will also lose their warmth during the healing process so when complete, they will be a beautiful shade.
Ombre is the Queen of brow tattooing and our most popular service. Suitable and flattering for all skin types & ages. This style can last up to 3 years depending on your skin and aftercare.
Shikarni has studied brow tattooing with one of the best training academys in South East Queensland. You will be in good hands with a thorough consultation and discussion about what you would like to take away from your appointment.
The Perfection Visit is your 6-12 week touch up to ensure your brows are the best they can be! This appointment is for our clients who have seen us for a full set of brows 6-12 weeks prior. This appointment is great if you need your brows adjusted a little post-healing.
The Colour Boost
The Colour Boost is your 3-12 month touch up to ensure your brow colour is still vibrant. This appointment is for our clients who have seen us for a full set of brows 3-12 months prior.
Currently booked out until December 2021. We highly recommend booking in advance to secure your time slot with Shikarni.
"I had a fantastic experience, Shikarni was super lovely, thorough, patient & understanding. I am extremely happy with the professional service. The salon was beautiful, clean & presented amazing. I would recommend 10/10."
"I am so obsessed with my brows, it feels good waking up with them already looking perfect! Shikarni was so patient and educated, she knew exactly what I wanted. I'm so happy!"